Updated: Jun 23, 2020
A Fresh Bean Salad with a Mexican Twist
1 large can of Mexican white beans, drained and rinsed (available at Walmart)
2 plum tomatoes diced
2 cups cooked black rice
1 minced shallot onion
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/2 cup cilantro finely chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp white vinegar
the juice of one whole lime, cut in half and squeezed
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp pepper
1. Click here for instructions on how to cook the black rice.
2. Cook the black rice and let cool for 20 mins.
3. Drain and rinse the white beans.
4. Chop and prepare the tomatoes, onions and herbs.
5. Mix all the dressing ingredients in a small separate container and whisk together.
6. When the dressing is made and the rice is cooled, combine everything together (the Rice, Beans, Vegetables, Cilantro and Dressing) in a large bowl.
7. Toss and serve cold.